Skip to main content

Too Much?

I often have long and drawn out conversations in my head that seem to last the whole day and into my night. I am constantly thinking of how best to help others and how to share my everyday life in a way that will bring happiness to others as well as encouragement. I am not a writer, but still I make this attempt, hoping that if anything it will bring me comfort and peace.

There is so much in my back story, but I am sure that is the case for many. So instead of blabbing away on those things I have decided to start in the present and share periodically the past as I continue to blog.

Today is July 24th, 2017 and it is my FRESH START to me(again). I have been in a serious rut emotionally and physically since last year. Sure I have had moments of dedication, but ultimately I have been a slave to depression and anxiety. I have had several chronic conditions that have limited my physical abilities and I just gave up.  One thing about me though is I am not a quitter! I spent the last year beating myself up because I knew that what I was doing was NOT helping me to be who I wanted to be. I always knew this day was coming. What I am learning as I look back on the past year is that I had to feel those emotions in order to fully understand and appreciate the blessings in my life. I spent a year with the wrong focus. I was fixated on the negative occurrences in my life that I almost completely blinded myself to the MANY blessings I had. Thankfully, I had not sunk too deep into my despair. So here I am this morning up for already an hour and a half!

I am making an effort to wake early every day and take time to set my mind right. I want to be in control of me and by allowing myself to start a pattern of positivity with no distractions I am building a VERY strong foundation for the day. I start at 5am EST with the S.A.V.E.R.S (The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod, amazing book and highly recommend it)

I am not expecting perfection in my quest and because I have done this before. I know there will be many mornings that I struggle to get out of bed, but I also know the HUGE BENEFITS that will come because I am consistent.

I am done with living the "it is what it is" life. I believe that there is more and that requires growth and change. I have huge goals for my family and myself! I am determined to help others to see their full potential too and help them to find the courage and strength to take control of their lives.

So here's to day one!

Comments